The Fort Smith Convention & Visitors Bureau recently presented the second annual GRIT (Giving Recognition in Tourism) Awards in a ceremony at MovieLounge.
More than 100 people attended the event honoring finalists and winners for their work to promote Fort Smith as a tourism destination, a news release stated.
This year’s awards went to:
• MovieLounge — Restaurant Partner of the Year;
• Courtyard by Marriott — Lodging Partner of the Year;
• Fort Smith Museum of History — Attraction Partner of the Year;
• Richard and Rick Griffin — Business Partner of the Year;
• (tie) Baridi and Tonya Nkokheli and Dr. Art Martin — Polly Crews Hospitality Person of the Year.
At the awards ceremony, the bureau showcased the past year’s Hometown... [ MORE ]